Friday, June 13, 2008

Dreams


God rarely ever speaks to me through dreams. Maybe I just don't get them and he has to be more direct. As a matter of fact, I rarely remember dreams, but the other day I had a spiritual dream.


I was in the door of a house. I was coming into the house. On my left, on a shelf in the entryway was a vase. A large cut rose was in the vase.


I looked ahead, and I could see Jesus' back. I didn't see his face, but somehow I knew it was him.

I looked and suddenly the rose started moving. It turned to face him, like some plants track the sun. I was amazed.


Then suddenly it burst into flames, leaving only the stem.


Then Jesus turned toward the stem. I still couldn't see his face, I just sensed that was what was happening. I watched in amazement as the stem blossomed out again, this time with a rose far more beautiful and far larger than before.
I don't know why the dream. I think I get the interpretation, helped out by a friend of mine, Larry.
As we seek Jesus, we die. But as we die, he brings his resurrection power into our lives and makes us better than before.
That makes since to me. I don't know why the dream, since I understand that principal already and have lived it to some degree.
But it was really a cool dream.


No comments: