Monday, February 25, 2008

Testimony of a Dallas Street Church Member

The last two Saturdays bill taught about the bondwoman and the freewoman. He made it clear we are not saved by the law, but only through the grace and shed blood of Jesus. He did a fantastic job. He also shared his testimony, which we urged him to write out and to distribute.
Here it is.


My Testimony: Condensed
By Billy Wells
February 24,2008

In 1992, my wife devorced me. My son was just 5. I took it hard. 12 years before, my first wife passed away. I took that hard. But I still loved the Lord, even though I didn't understand it all. I left Orlando, Florida in 1992, in the spring, on foot. It rained almost every day. One day, as I was walking along a highway in Belleview,Florida a couple headed in the opposite direction pulled over and swung open the back car door and yelled at me: "Get in!!" I just ran over and got in, as if I was obeying a command." What's the matter?" I asked "There's a tornado in the area", they said at the same time. The car sped away like we were going to a fire. "Where're we going?" I asked. "To get some food and then home" She said. (He was driving). I spent 3 days with them on Sunday, we went to church. This was just one of the many times God was there for me.

I arrived in Dallas 2 weeks later, thanks to a ride from Mobile to Dallas. I finally got full time permanate work in 1999 and then I was diagnosed with T.B. I put in quarantine for about 6 weeks, then I was allowed to return to work. Then my sister invited her boy friend, Randy, just out of prison to live with us. We didn't hit it off. We fought, I went to jail, and then I ended up under a bridge at Victory Park and Highline, under I-35. It was the fall of the year. I knew winter was not far away. Miraculosly, I secured two sleeping bags and some warm clothes without having to ask for them.I have not begged, borrowed, stolen, or even so much as asked for help during this time. God has indeed provided!

In May of 2007, I had been attending a tent revival for about forty days, when Howard (last name withheld at his request) walked up to me, after I gave my testimony and said,"I have a three bedroom house, I'm by myself, why don't you come and stay with me?" What a surprise! After I got my breath, I said "I must pray about it" He said "O.K.,let me know when you're ready". 3 days later, I moved in. I've been here almost 9 months. God is good.

No comments: